Confit-Style Grilled Chicken Cooking with a Rice Cooker on Low Heat.
You can have Confit-Style Grilled Chicken Cooking with a Rice Cooker on Low Heat using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Confit-Style Grilled Chicken Cooking with a Rice Cooker on Low Heat
- Prepare 1 of Chicken thigh.
- It’s 3 grams of ☆ Salt.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Rosemary.
- It’s 1 of ☆ Thyme.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆ Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of enough to cover the meat Olive oil.
- You need of Grilled vegetables to garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Carrots, onions, broccoli, green beans, kabocha squash, or your choice of vegetables.
Confit-Style Grilled Chicken Cooking with a Rice Cooker on Low Heat instructions
- [Preparing the chicken] Chop the chicken in half, then poke several holes into the skin with the tip of a knife. Coat the chicken in the ☆ ingredients, put it in a resealable plastic bag, then let it sit overnight in the refrigerator..
- Marinating the chicken in oil: Lightly wipe the surface of the chicken with a paper towel, return it to the resealable plastic bag. Pour in the oil, press out the air, then seal the bag..
- Heat water to a point just before boiling, fill it to the 3 rice cooker cup line, and without closing the lid, let it sit for 10 minutes until the temperature drops to 70℃..
- Place the plastic bag from Step 2 in the rice cooker, close the lid, then switch the cooker on warming mode, and let it sit for 2 hours..
- Remove the bag from the rice cooker, then when it cools to the touch, store it in the refrigerator. Let it sit for 1/2 a day. It can keep for up to a week in this state..
- To grill: Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking and bring to room temperature. Since it is already cooked confit style, you need only cook until the chicken is heated through..
- In a frying pan heated over medium heat, sauté the chicken skin-side down, fill the rest of the frying pan with your favorite vegetables. If you feel like there isn't enough oil, add more from the confit..
- Parboil the carrots, broccoli, and other fibrous vegetables before adding them. If using a griddle or casserole pot, you can serve this up piping hot at the table..
- If you don't have any fresh herbs, substitute with Krazy Salt or mixed dried herbs..