Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Crispy Skin. Season the chicken skin with salt and grill skin-side down over moderately-low heat until the fat has rendered and the skin is nice and crisp. The skin should stay pretty crispy after all of that careful rendering, and the sugary sauce won't have time to cook down or scorch. Japanese Grilled Chicken, better known as yakatori – This home made version is fun to make and it tastes delicious.
Leftovers are great on a green salad or sandwich. Be sure to grill very hot and very fast!! Using a small, sharp knife, lay the skins skin-side down and scrape off any excess fat and remaining meat. You can cook Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Crispy Skin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Crispy Skin
- Prepare 2 of Chicken thighs.
- You need 4 of to 5 tablespoons ＊Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 tablespoons ＊Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊Sugar.
- You need of White section of Japanese leek (optional):.
- Prepare 1 of Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of Garlic.
You should be left with just the thin skin. Teriyaki chicken is a Japanese dish with teriyaki sauce. If you don't have a grill, pan-fry the chicken until the chicken skin side down first until the skin turns crispy and golden brown. Chicken Teriyaki (鳥照り焼き) is grilled chicken lacquered with a sweet soy teriyaki sauce.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Crispy Skin instructions
- Poke the chicken thighs with a fork to allow the marinade (soy sauce, sugar, mirin) to soak in. Add leek at this stage if you're including it..
- Turn over while marinating. Alternatively, you could use a plastic bag for this..
- Grill for 15 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Baste with the remaining marinade from time to time..
- The chicken is done when the skin is crispy. It's ready to be sliced and plated..
Learn how to make it with this chicken teriyaki recipe. The skin is left on the chicken to keep the meat moist and it takes on a wonderful caramelized hue while getting slightly crispy as it grills. Grilled Teriyaki chicken is one of my favorite foods, I've always loved it and always will. There is just something so amazing about that sweet and smokey flavor. The first time I tried making my own Teriyaki chicken I ended up pretty disappointed with the recipe.