Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam). Satay (/ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay, /ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Seasoned chicken thighs cook up quickly on a grill pan (or outdoor grill) and are served with a sweet and salty Indonesian peanut sauce. I'm Indonesian but I live in Spain.
This flexible recipe works with tofu or chicken. Indonesian Sate – Sate is marinated meat skewered on sticks grilled to perfection and served with sauce. Easy sate babi and sate ayam recipe by I made a few sticks of lean and mean sate made of skinless, boneless chicken breasts for sous chef, who's on a low fat diet, and my other friends ended. You can cook Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam)
- It’s of For Chicken Satay.
- Prepare 600 gram of chicken thigh meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 15 ml of sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 of lime fruits.
- It’s 50 pieces of skewer for satay.
- Prepare of Peanut Sauce:.
- You need 250 grams of cooked peanuts.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 5 of red shallot.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- You need 500 ml of boiled water.
- Prepare 2 of lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of palm sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of sweet soy sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 4 of candlenuts.
- Prepare of Accompaniments:.
- You need of Rice cake or white rice.
- Prepare of Pickle cucumber.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need of Deep fried shallot.
An classic Indonesian recipe for Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, learned from a true Balinese cook in Bali! Chicken Satay with Indonesian Peanut Sauce. Satay Sate is a indonesian street food restaurant in Toronto. Satay Sate wishes exports flavour by bringing few of the many traditional and unique recipes of Indonesian cooking of the street to the diversified Toronto's foodie culture.
Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) step by step
- To make chicken satay:.
- Place chicken, sweet soy sauce, oil, and 150 gram of peanut sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix together and marinate for 30 minutes..
- Skewer the marinated chicken with bamboo skewers. Grill/broil until cooked and slightly charred, baste with marinating sauce as needed..
- Serve the satay with peanut sauce and accompaniments..
- For making peanut sauce: In a food processor, grind together peanut, candlenuts, shallot, garlic, chilli..
- Transfer to a sauce pot along with the rest of the peanut sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Turn off heat..
Sate Ayam are ready for the oven. Broil after you bake If you bake the satay in the oven, broil them briefly on low heat after. This creates a nice golden brown and light caramelization of. She is originally from Indonesia and moved to Canada a few years ago. I am guessing at serving sizes, and cooking times so please adjust amounts to what Thread chicken or pork onto skewers.