Spicy Doner Kebabs. Easy to make and one of our favourite comfort food. List of ingredients can be found below. This is our own recipe through trial.
People talk about kebab sandwich, spicy lamb kebab and spicy sauce. Mediterranean restaurant in San Antonio, Texas. The portion is also very generous. You can have Spicy Doner Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Doner Kebabs
- You need 1 kg of chicken thighs or breasts (I prefer thighs).
- It’s of Marinade:- 1 cup yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred) but it’s up to you.
- You need 1-2 tbs of garlic or 3-4 garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika but you can put 1 or 2 tbs of it if you like it spicy (like me!).
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala (optional).
- It’s 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil or your preferred oil.
- Prepare of For Serving:- Pita bread / wraps or your preferred bread to serve with the chicken.
- Prepare of Your choice of veggies to go in the wraps, I prefer red or green peppers, onions.
- Prepare of Sriracha acha sauce to make it more spicy or Mayo.
This spice mix of cumin and coriander makes for a great tasting kebab. Ideal with lamb, beef and chicken. Rather than the traditional greasy and fatty doner kebab that is high in calories and fat. See more ideas about Doner kebabs, Kebab recipes, Kebab.
Spicy Doner Kebabs step by step
- Cut the chicken into pieces so that they can be put on skewers or leave them whole and cut them after they are cooked.
- 1. Mix Marinade in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat well. Marinade:- yogurt, all the spices, garlic, lemon juice and oil.
- 2. Cover and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to 24 hours. I prefer to do it for couple of hours. So I put the chicken in the marinade in the morning and use it in the eve for dinner.
- 3. Preheat oven to 220C / 430F (standard) or 200C / 390F (fan / convection).
- Remember to put skewers in warm water before using (I have no idea why! Lol).
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread the pieces onto the the skewers. Usually 10 skewers are enough for this amount of chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till it’s cooked. I usually have to turn on the grill so that the surface is golden with some charred bits..
- Optional:- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken. Then turn, drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Tahbouleh bunch of curly parsley 1/2 red onion and capsicum. a As I don’t eat tomatoes but my husband does. So I put a small tomato but you leave out the wet juicy seedy bit and try to just put meaty flesh in a separate bowl ). salt cracked pepper lemon juice (probably about a tablespoon) and olive oil (I used the chilli one last time, yum) you need to balance the oil and acid, don't put more oil than lemon juice!.
- Serve with pita bread or your choice of bread (parathans).
Related Searches for doner kebabs: doner kebab machine doner kebab grill doner kebab knife doner kebab A wide variety of doner kebabs options are available to you, such as spicy, sweet. Making an authentic doner kebab at home can be a bit tricky although still possible if you have the set up for a slow cooking vertical rotating spit. For most home kitchens, however, some improvisation will. Kebab, gyro, shawarma — whatever you call it, let it call the shots. You can do this periodically as it is cooking to make kebabs as you go, or once you're happy the chicken is thoroughly cooked, take it off the grill (leaving to cool slightly), then slide off the chicken into.