Chicken Sate. Delicious chicken satay or grilled chicken skewers marinated with spices and served with peanut sauce. Easy, authentic and the best chicken satay recipe! Satay (/ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay, /ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce.
Aus Indonesien stammend, ist dieses Rezept überall in Südostasien beliebt. Chop your chicken into chunks and add to the pot. When all your chicken has been sliced 'n' diced into bitesize bits, toss it around in the sauce. You can have Chicken Sate using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sate
- Prepare 3.5 kg of chicken thigh fillet.
- Prepare 2 of red onions.
- It’s 20 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander ground.
- Prepare 1 cup of kecap manis.
- You need 50 gr of coconut sugar.
- It’s of Peanut sauce.
- You need 1 kg of pure peanut butter from health shop.
- You need 5-20 of chillies.
- You need 10 of candle nuts or macadamia nuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 30 gr of coconut sugar.
- You need 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Cover with clingfilm, and pop into the fridge until you're ready. For example: Sate Padang, Sate Lilit Bali, Sate Ayam Kecap. It gives me a cringe when I'm served sate made with chicken breast. If you want good sate, please use chicken thighs or other dark meat.
Chicken Sate instructions
- Cut up chicken fillet into cubes. Set aside..
- Blend all the spices using stick blender and pour into pieces of chicken fillets. Marinade at least for 30 minutes..
- Skewer the chicken make sure it’s not crowding the stick to avoid undercooked chicken..
- Grill using bbq or even better using charcoal..
- Blend all peanut sauce spices including kaffir lime leaves. Cook on the stove on low fire, keep stirring until fully cooked. Add water if necessary. Pour onto your sate..
Chicken satay refers to skewered chicken marinated with spices and grilled to perfection. Served with savoury peanut sauce which is distinctively delicious, 'satay' is extremely popular with the locals in. Tender slices of skewered chicken are marinated in a curried coconut milk blend. Try this Watkins Indonesian Chicken Sate recipe, or contribute your own. Unlike goat (or lamb) shoulder, chicken meat is tender and does not need to be cooked sous-vide to Recently I posted a recipe for goat satay, saté kambing, prepared sous-vide.