Jerk Chicken. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice. The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade.
Jerk Chicken – a well-seasoned grilled chicken with a Jamaican jerk marinade that has the perfect balance of heat, sweet and savory. You'll want to make this all year round! Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. You can have Jerk Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken
- It’s of marinade.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic,crushed.
- You need 2 of spring onions(scallions) chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt and black pepper.
- It’s of chicken:.
- You need 12 of chicken thighs or drumsicks.
Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. This jerk chicken recipe from Delish.com is a great alternative to traditional American barbecued chicken. With the perfect combination of sweetness and spice, it's sure to be a crowd pleasure. To make spicy Jamaican-style jerk chicken, marinate and brine the bird, then smoke it low and slow To make our spicy jerk chicken, start with a powerfully flavored marinade and brine combination.
Jerk Chicken instructions
- Put marinade ingredients in mortar, grind to a paste. You can mash in a bowl with a fork or pulse in a small liquidiser..
- Place chicken in a bowl, pour marinade over and stir to coat evenly. For extra taste you can cut slits into chicken. Cover with clingfilm..
- Place in fridge. Marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is better.
- Place on baking tray and cook in pre-heated oven, 150 C, for 45-60 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through..
- Serve with rice and peas and festivals (see other recipe).
- You can cook these on the barbecue or under the grill, either way turn occasionally and ensure chicken is cooked through..
- For special occasions you can add dark rum in place of vinegar..
- With deference to the nice lady in the Tesco ad, I tried adding a couple of tablespoons of runny honey to the marinade, it takes it to another level !.
Jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican recipe which consists in chicken marinated in a spicy blend for a few hours and then grilled on a BBQ. Ainsley blends together the ingredients for this famous marinade and is overjoyed at the lip smacking prospect of his favourite jerk chicken. Flavorful oven-baked jerk chicken takes the "boring" out of chicken! Bold, sweet-and-spicy, jerk seasoning is one of my favorite ways to season chicken. Marinated overnight then baked until tender, juicy and crispy on the outside.