Easy Yakitori at Home. I received many requests for Yakitori sauce (Tare) recipe, so I decided to make this. Classic Yakitori chicken recipe with Scallions and Yakitori Tare(Sauce) including step by step photos, a video and tips to make it successfully at home. Home TipsLearnTips & TechniquesGrilling Tips How to Make Yakitori Like They Do in Japan.
I love the caramelised Yakitori Sauce. Authentic Japanese Yakitori with only a slight difference from the traditional. A super easy popular Japanese street food that you can make just as good at home! You can have Easy Yakitori at Home using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Yakitori at Home
- You need 6 of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of The white part of a Japanese leek.
- Prepare of (The sauce).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey (or increase the amount of the sugar).
In Japan, yakitori restaurants are casual, beer-soaked houses of worship for grilled, skewered chicken. Skilled cooks prepare every part of the You don't have to be so inclusive if you're preparing your own take on yakitori at home—breast and thigh work just fine. Here, our best recipes for DIY yakitori. Just before you jump to the conclusion that this is impossible, may I point out this Yo Yakitori grill that would make cooking Yakitori a breeze?
Easy Yakitori at Home step by step
- Remove the skin from the chicken, chop into your preferred pieces, and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let it sit for about 5 minutes to flavor the chicken..
- In the meantime, cut the white part of the Japanese leeks into 2 cm slices. If they are too thin, they'll fall apart when you try to skewer them so be careful there..
- Put the chicken in a frying pan without oil, and lightly fry until it's cooked half way through. It's ok if it's still a little red..
- Turn off the heat, and skewer the chicken in the pan. Skewer the white part of the Japanese leeks as well. Please be careful because they are hot..
- When the pan has been greased from the chicken, discard a little bit of the excess oil. Add all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil (the sauce is done)..
- Grill both sides of the skewered chicken on a grill while dipping in the sauce or brushing it occasionally, then it's done..
For those of you who are wondering what this great thing called Yakitori is in the first place, let me tell you that this is a famous Japanese delectable. All our recipes are tested thoroughly by us to make sure they're suitable for your kitchen at home. We know many of you are concerned about healthy eating, so we send them to a qualified nutritionist for thorough analysis too. Chicken yakitori is an easy Japanese dish to make at home. Serve as an appetizer or with white rice and sake for a simple but special meal.