Greek style chicken. Serve high quality food fresh from grill to plate. All our chicken is fresh NEVER EVER FROZEN, All Natural Gyros with NO MSG, Greek Salads cut by hand everyday and our extremely popular Fried Zucchini!!! We take pride in not buying menu items ready, we make.
You can serve chicken patties in the place of a hamburger or chicken breast in classic sandwiches. Make smaller patties, and you can use them as sliders, which are perfect for little eaters. Or skip the bread entirely and pair these Greek chicken patties with a creamy Tzatziki-style sauce and serve with sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves, and. You can cook Greek style chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek style chicken
- It’s 3 kg of chicken thighs.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/3 bunch of of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of greek oregano.
- You need 1 of lemon rind.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cracked pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of salt.
A whole chicken gets the Greek treatment with a simple marinade of olive oil and lemon along with plenty of garlic and oregano. The key to the juiciest meat and crispest skin? Butterflying the chicken and cooking it low and slow before finishing with a sear to crisp up the skin. Greek Chicken – Garlicky lemony oregano flavours infused right through the chicken from a flavour loaded Greek chicken marinade; Greek Salad – the juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, that red wine vinegar dressing and the pops of feta!
Greek style chicken instructions
- Preferably the night before get all ingredients except thighs and salt and put in blender to make make a marinade.
- Now take thighs and put in plastic bag with marinade and leave overnight in fridge.
- Get charcoal spit going..
- Now take the thighs and individually salt them on 1 side putting it on the spit rod so the unsalted side is in contact with salted side.
- While turning sprinkle a little more salt and squeeze lemon over. This should take 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Simply use electric knife to cut chunks off and serve with salad, pitas and tzatziki. Enjoy.
- If you dont have a spit the chicken can be cooked on a grill.
Tzatziki – for dipping and dolloping (recipe in Notes of Greek chicken) Coming Thursday; Greek Lemon. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sit the chicken thighs on top, drizzle over the remaining oil and season.