Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup).
You can cook Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup)
- You need 1.2 L of Dashi broth.
- It’s 120 g of chicken thigh.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce (for chicken).
- You need 1 tsp of sake (for chicken).
- It’s 50 g of carrot.
- It’s 50 g of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 4 of small taros.
- It’s 4 of Shiitake mushrooms (dried).
- Prepare 2 bunches of Japanese mustard spinach.
- You need of Edible clovers for topping (optional).
- You need of Yuzu peel for topping (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce : (A).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mirin : (A).
- You need of salt for taste.
- Prepare 4-8 pieces of square mochi.
Zoni Tokyo Style (Mochi in Japanese Soup) step by step
- Cut the Daikon and the carrot into quarter slices. Cut the chicken thigh. Peel the taro's skin and cut into bite-size chunks. Reconstitute the Shiitake mushrooms and slice them. Slice the kamaboko..
- Boil the Japanese mustard spinach and soak it in cold water. Drain the excess water and cut into 5 cm long..
- Drizzle the soy sauce and the cooking Sake to the chicken..
- Blanch the Daikon. Boil the taro for a few minutes and soak it in cold water..
- Pour the Dashi broth in a pan. Put the Daikon, the carrot, the taro, and the shiitake mushrooms to heat. When it boils, add the kamaboko and the chicken to cook until the chicken becomes soft and the vegetables are cooked..
- Add the condiments (A) and the salt to taste..
- Put the grilled mochi in a bowl and pour the soup. Add the Japanese mustard spinach, the edible clovers and the yuzu peel..