Chicken Peri peri. This is a great spicy marinade recipe, a traditional African dish, great for BBQ. This Peri Peri Chicken is juicy, spicy and and loaded with flavour! I'll show you how to make Peri Peri sauce that you'll want to smother on everything, AND how to spatchcock a chicken so it cooks in super quick time!.
It was originated in South Africa and was imported to Portugal from two Portuguese colonies, Angola and Mozambique. Easy Peri Peri Chicken Recipe [Copycat] Peri Peri Chicken is chicken marinated in a hot spicy peri peri sauce, which is a sauce based on bird's eye chilis. Welcome to Nando's home of legendary South African flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. You can cook Chicken Peri peri using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Peri peri
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need of Peri Peri sauce.
- Prepare of Seasoning & desired spices.
- It’s of Oil/butter.
- You need of For garnish (salad mix of ur choice).
Try a Nando's restaurant near you. Mozambique Peri Peri Grill Chicken or roast chicken – moist, juicy, beautifully browned chicken with a smokey spicy coconut cream sauce. You're going to want to make it all the time! Is there a more perfect way to cook than with the grill?
Chicken Peri peri instructions
- If u have storebought peri peri sauce use it or follow my sauce recipe in the previous post (Food Tip 03* I marinated the chicken with spiçe and seasoning first.) Check out my food tip post too..
- In a Ziploc bag or big bowl, place the thigh, then the sauce a lot then shake the bag and coat thoroughly. Let it sit for an hour or overnight..
- Add some oil/butter in a pan, once sizzling, place the chicken and fry for 5-10 minutes, the skin placed on the pan (tip 04* I found out it seals the moisture inside the chicken by frying the skin a bit)..
- Turn the other side, pour any leftover marinade from the bag/bowl and let it cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes turning over each side to cook..
- When the juice/marinade looks dried up, place the chicken in a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, you can add more sauce…turn on each side to grill. Served with peri-peri dip, peri-sauce rice..
PERi-PERi, also known as the African Bird's Eye Chilli, is the key to our legendary, flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. It's grown in the African soil, so the magic starts from the ground up. It tastes amazing, but the benefits don't stop there: PERi-PERi chilli seeds are rich in Vitamins A, B, and C. Portuguese BBQ Peri Peri Chicken (or Homemade Nando's Recipe) cooked TWO WAYS! On the barbecue OR in the oven!